WALL MERMAID SCULPTURE WORKSHOP 3rd & 10th MARCH 2023
About this Event
This wall mermaid class is an ideal class for beginners to create their own whimsical hanging mermaid sculpture. Suitable for ages 16+
The classes will run over two weeks on the 3rd and 10 March from 9am - 12 pm at 269 Padstow Rd, Eight Mile Plains.
WEEK 1 | Friday 3rd March | 9 am - 12 pm
You will be guided through the process of forming the figure of your own mermaid sculpture and giving your sculpture some personality through sculptural techniques!
The wall mermaid is approximately 35cm tall and the tail and arms are wired on separately after the final firing.
WEEK 2 | Friday 10th March | 9am - 12 pm
You will be guided through the process of decorating your piece, ready for firing.
After the second week, your piece will be fired by our talented team at Monte Lupo studio, ready for you to take home.
By booking this workshop, you agree to Monte Lupo’s Workshop Guidelines:
1. All workshops are to be pre-booked and paid in advance through our Monte Lupo Online Shop.
2. Each workshop will provide the student with a week to week overview, The overview will outline what is to be achieved in each class and a list of materials that is included in the workshop.
3. These workshops follow a rigorous teaching schedule and each class must be attended.
4. Missing a week is not recommended - however, we understand things don’t always go to plan. You will be offered a make up class in line with another workshop on offer or through arrangement with the production manager,
5. Students are not welcome in the studio unsupervised or during business hours (unless agreed upon by the production manager).
6. If Monte Lupo needs to postpone or cancel a workshop, the student will be notified of the change and makeup classes be offered at a time convenient for the majority of the students or during other workshop sessions. Cancellation of a workshop will only occur if there is venue/ equipment, staffing or material issues.
7. If the student wishes to cancel attendance at a workshop they must give a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice prior to the commencement of the workshop to receive a full refund. Any cancellations less than 2 weeks’ notice will not be refunded.
8. Your piece will be handled and fired by our staff with the utmost care. However, if breakages or kiln related mishaps occur, they will be repaired by our skilled staff. If it cannot be repaired, you will be offered an opportunity to make a new piece during studio time at no additional cost.