LARGE GARDEN DWELLER WORKSHOP 9th, 10th, 17th & 24th June, 1 & 8 July 2023
About this Event
The Monte Lupo Garden Dweller has become a staple piece in our studio with hundreds of homes across Australia holding our iconic pieces. This Large Garden Dweller class invites you to create your own large dweller and include you in every step of the process. This is an intermediate level class for those who like a challenge and is recommended for those who have attended previous Monte Lupo workshops. Suitable for ages 16+
This class will run over four weeks on the 9th June, Sculpting (6pm - 9pm)10th June Sculpting (10am - 4pm), 17th June Decorating (10am – 12pm) 24th June Glazing (10am – 12pm) and 1st July Mosaicking (9am – 12pm) 8th July Grouting (10am - 12pm).
This class is a little different from our usual short workshops, with more days dedicated to allow time to form, decorate, mosaic and complete your one of a kind large Garden Dweller.
WEEK 1 | Friday and Saturday 9th and 10th June| 6pm - 9pm and 10:00 am - 4:00 pm:
You will be guided through the process of hand building your garden dweller body using coils as well forming and sculpting the head, arms and embellishing the piece through sculpture techniques, carving and texture making.
WEEK 2 | Saturday 17th June | 10:00 am - 12:00 pm:
On the second week you will be guided through the process decorating your garden dweller and bringing it to life!
After the second week, your piece will be fired by our talented team at Monte Lupo studio, ready for you to mosaic and grout on the last two weeks.
WEEK 3 | Saturday 24th June| 10:00 am - 12pm:
On the third week you will spend time glazing you garden Dweller ready for the second kiln firing.
WEEK 4 | Saturday 1st July | 10:00 am - 1:00 pm:
This week you will be mosaicking your sculpture with all handmade tiles form the studio.
Each person will be shown how the Monte Lupo team mosaics the Garden Dwellers.
WEEK 5 | Saturday 8th July | 10am - 12pm
This is the finale week and you will be shown how the Monte Lupo team grout large garden dweller.
By booking this workshop, you agree to Monte Lupo’s Workshop Guidelines:
- All workshops are to be pre-booked and paid in advance through our Monte Lupo Online Shop.
- These workshops follow a rigorous teaching schedule and each class must be attended.
- Missing a week is not recommended - however, we understand things don’t always go to plan. You will be offered a make up class in line with another workshop on offer or through arrangement with the studio manager, billed at $70 an hour.
- Students are not welcome in the studio unsupervised or during business hours (unless agreed upon by the studio manager). If you do not complete the workshop in the allocated time provided the studio manager can allocate further tuition time as an added cost of $70.00 per hour.
- If Monte Lupo needs to postpone or cancel a workshop, the student will be notified of the change and makeup classes be offered at a time convenient for the majority of the students or during other workshop sessions. Cancellation of a workshop will only occur if there is venue/ equipment, staffing or material issues.
- If the student wishes to cancel attendance at a workshop they must give a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice prior to the commencement of the workshop to receive a full refund. Any cancellations less than 2 weeks’ notice will not be refunded.
- Your piece will be handled and fired by our staff with the utmost care. However, if breakages or kiln related mishaps occur, they will be repaired by our skilled staff. If it cannot be repaired, you will be offered an opportunity to make a new piece during studio time at no additional cost.