Flying Wall Girl Workshop 17th and 24th February 2024
About this Event
This flying wall girl class is an ideal class for beginners to create their own whimsical hanging mermaid sculpture. Suitable for ages 16+
The classes will run over two weeks on the 17th and 24th Feb 2024 from 10am - 1pm at 269 Padstow Rd, Eight Mile Plains.
WEEK 1 | Saturday 17th February | 10am - 1 pm
You will be guided through the process of forming the figure of your own flying wall girl sculpture and giving your sculpture some personality through sculptural techniques!
The wall girl is approximately 30 - 40 cm long. The sculpture is then wired ready to hang on the wall after firing.
WEEK 2 | Saturday 24th February | 10am - 1pm
You will be guided through the process of decorating your piece, ready for firing.
After the second week, your piece will be fired by our talented team at Monte Lupo studio, ready for you to take home.
Please note, we do not provide every underglaze colour. If there is a particular colour you want and we do not provide, please purchase your own from Pottery Supplies at your own expense.
By booking this workshop, you agree to Monte Lupo’s Workshop Guidelines:
1. All workshops are to be pre-booked and paid in advance through our Monte Lupo Online Shop.
2. Each workshop will provide the student with a week to week overview, The overview will outline what is to be achieved in each class and a list of materials that is included in the workshop.
3. These workshops follow a rigorous teaching schedule and each class must be attended.
4. Missing a week is not recommended - however, we understand things don’t always go to plan. You will be offered a make up class in line with another workshop on offer or through arrangement with the production manager,
5. Students are not welcome in the studio unsupervised or during business hours (unless agreed upon by the production manager).
6. If Monte Lupo needs to postpone or cancel a workshop, the student will be notified of the change and makeup classes be offered at a time convenient for the majority of the students or during other workshop sessions. Cancellation of a workshop will only occur if there is venue/ equipment, staffing or material issues.
7. If the student wishes to cancel attendance at a workshop they must give a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice prior to the commencement of the workshop to receive a full refund. Any cancellations less than 2 weeks’ notice will not be refunded.
8. Your piece will be handled and fired by our staff with the utmost care. However, if breakages or kiln related mishaps occur, they will be repaired by our skilled staff. If it cannot be repaired, you will be offered an opportunity to make a new piece during studio time at no additional cost.