Figurine Sculpture Workshop 26th April and 3rd May 2024
About this Event
The classes will run over two weeks on the 26th April and 3rd May 2024. The Monte Lupo studio is at 269 Padstow Rd, Eight Mile Plains, behind the Monte lupo Café.
Morning Tea will be provided by the Monte Lupo Cafe.
Please note, we do not provide every underglaze colour. If there is a particular colour you want and we do not provide, please purchase your own from Pottery Supplies, Milton at your own expense.
DAY 1| Friday 26th April| 10am - 1pm
You will be guided through the process of forming your own sculpture and giving your masterpiece some personality through sculptural techniques. Each person will be given a wheel thrown bottle shape that you will put a head, arms, hair and any other embellishments you would like. The sculpture is usually a minimum of 30cm tall.
DAY 2 | Friday 3rd May| 10am - 1pm
You will be guided through the process of decorating your piece, ready for firing.
After the second week, your piece will be fired by our talented team at Monte Lupo studio, ready for you to take home. The sculpture is usually ready to take home a week later.
Please note, we do not provide every underglaze colour. If there is a particular colour you want and we do not provide, please purchase your own from Pottery Supplies at your own expense.
By booking this workshop, you agree to Monte Lupo’s Workshop Guidelines:
1. All workshops are to be pre-booked and paid in advance through the Monte Lupo Online Shop.
2. Missing a week is not recommended - however, we understand things don’t always go to plan. You will be offered a make up class in line with another workshop on offer or through arrangement with the Manager
3. Students are not welcome in the studio unsupervised or during business hours (unless agreed upon by the manager).
4. If Monte Lupo needs to postpone or cancel a workshop, the student will be notified of the change and makeup classes be offered at a time convenient for the majority of the students or during other workshop sessions. Cancellation of a workshop will only occur if there is venue/ equipment, staffing or material issues.
5. Your piece will be handled and fired by our staff with the utmost care. However, if breakages or kiln related mishaps occur, they will be repaired by our skilled staff. If it cannot be repaired, you will be offered an opportunity to make a new piece during studio time at no additional cost.