FIGURINE ON A MUSHROOM SCULPTURE WORKSHOP - 3rd & 10th Feb 2024
About this Event
The classes will run over two days on 3rd and 10th Feb 2024. The Monte Lupo studio is at 269 Padstow Rd, Eight Mile Plains, behind the Monte lupo Café.
The café will be open for light meals and coffee.
DAY 1| Saturday 3rd | 10am - 1pm
You will be guided through the process of forming your own Girl on a Mushroom and giving your masterpiece some personality through sculptural techniques. The mushroom will be thrown in parts for you to construct and the body of the girl is also a thrown piece.
DAY 2 | Saturday 10th | 10am - 1pm
You will be guided through the process of decorating your piece, ready for firing.
After the second day, your piece will be fired by our talented team at Monte Lupo studio, ready for you to take home. The sculpture is usually ready to take home a week later.
Please note, we do not provide every underglaze colour. If there is a particular colour you want and we do not provide, please purchase your own from Pottery Supplies at your own expense.
By booking this workshop, you agree to Monte Lupo’s Workshop Guidelines:
1. All workshops are to be pre-booked and paid in advance through the Monte Lupo Online Shop.
2. Missing a day is not recommended - however, we understand things don’t always go to plan. You will be offered a make up class in line with another workshop on offer or through arrangement with the Manager
3. Students are not welcome in the studio unsupervised or during business hours (unless agreed upon by the manager). If you do not complete the workshop in the allocated time provided the studio manager can allocate further tuition time as an added cost of $70.00 per hour.
4. If Monte Lupo needs to postpone or cancel a workshop, the student will be notified of the change and makeup classes be offered at a time convenient for the majority of the students or during other workshop sessions. Cancellation of a workshop will only occur if there is venue/ equipment, staffing or material issues.
5. Your piece will be handled and fired by our staff with the utmost care. However, if breakages or kiln related mishaps occur, they will be repaired by our skilled staff. If it cannot be repaired, you will be offered an opportunity to make a new piece during studio time at no additional cost.