ADVANCED LARGE GARDEN PLANTER WORKSHOP 7 & 14 & 21 & 28 MAY
About this Event
This garden planter master class is an ideal class for those with a bit of prior skill and wanting a challenge. Suitable for ages 16+
This masterclass will run over four weeks on the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th of May (5:45pm – 9pm). This class is a little different from our usual short workshops, with more nights dedicated to allow for time to form, mosaic and complete the perfect large planter.
WEEK 1 | Friday 7th May | 5:45 pm -9:00 pm
During the first week you will be guided through the process of hand building your large planter using a slab and coils.
WEEK 2 | Friday 14th May | 5:45 pm - 9:00 pm
The second week will continue on from the first week.
After the second week, your piece will be fired by our talented team at Monte Lupo studio, ready for you to decorate, mosaic and grout on the last two weeks.
WEEK 3 | Friday 21st May | 5:45 pm -9:00 pm: On the third week you will be guided through the process of mosaicing the planter using handmade tiles made here inside Monte Lupo Studio.
WEEK 4 |Friday 28th May | 5:45 pm -9:00 pm: On the fourth and final week, your piece will be ready for you to grout and complete, ready for it’s new home!
By booking this workshop, you agree to Monte Lupo’s Workshop Guidelines:
- All workshops are to be pre-booked and paid in advance through our Monte Lupo Online Shop.
- These workshops follow a rigorous teaching schedule and each class must be attended.
- Missing a week is not recommended - however, we understand things don’t always go to plan. You will be offered a make up class in line with another workshop on offer or through arrangement with the studio manager, billed at $70 an hour.
- Students are not welcome in the studio unsupervised or during business hours (unless agreed upon by the studio manager). If you do not complete the workshop in the allocated time provided the studio manager can allocate further tuition time as an added cost of $70.00 per hour.
- If Monte Lupo needs to postpone or cancel a workshop, the student will be notified of the change and makeup classes be offered at a time convenient for the majority of the students or during other workshop sessions. Cancellation of a workshop will only occur if there is venue/ equipment, staffing or material issues.
- If the student wishes to cancel attendance at a workshop they must give a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice prior to the commencement of the workshop to receive a full refund. Any cancellations less than 2 weeks’ notice will not be refunded.
- Your piece will be handled and fired by our staff with the utmost care. However, if breakages or kiln related mishaps occur, they will be repaired by our skilled staff. If it cannot be repaired, you will be offered an opportunity to make a new piece during studio time at no additional cost.